Acceptable Use Policy
This Acceptable Use Policy (this "Policy") describes prohibited uses of all services offered by Mautic ("Mautic", "we", "our") for its paying customers ("Customer, "you", "your") and free users ("User") accounts, at www.mautic.com and all associated sites (the "Mautic Site"). Use of Mautic's Cloud platform is governed by our Terms of Service, unless otherwise specified in a countersigned purchase order between the Customer and Mautic.
By using the Services or accessing the Mautic Site, you agree to the latest version of this Policy. If a customer or user violates the Policy or authorize or help others to do so, we may suspend or terminate your use of the Services as outlined in Mautic's Terms of Service.
Mautic prohibits the ability to distribute, publish, send, or facilitate the sending of unsolicited mass email or solicitations, like "spam". All recipients in a Mautic customer or user's contact list must have given provable consent, online or otherwise, to receive email communication and for the specific content being sent to them. Customers must abide by the following rules:
- Email lists that were obtained by any means without consent are not allowed
- All email and recipient lists must adhere to the CAN-SPAM laws, as well as to any local spam laws for your location or the location of your recipient lists
- Email must abide by Prohibited Content rules outlined below
- No 3rd party unsubscribe methods are allowed
You may not use, facilitate or instruct others to use, the Services or Mautic Site for any activity that is illegal, harmful or offensive use. Similarly, you may not use, facilitate or instruct others to use the Services or Mautic site to transmit, store, display, distribute or otherwise make available content that is illegal, harmful, or offensive.
- Illegal or Fraudulent Activities - Activities that may be harmful to others, our operations or reputation, any illegal activities, including advertising or otherwise making available gambline sites or services or disseminating, promoting or facilitating child pornography, ponzi and pyramid schemes, phishing or pharming
- Offensive Content - Content that is abusive, invasive of privacy, or otherwise objectionable, including defamatory content or content that constitutes child pornography
- Harmful Content - Content or other computer technology that may damage, interfere with, or damage any system, program, or data, including viruses, malware, Trojan horses, or worms.
Review and Approval
Mautic reserves the right, but does not assume the obligation, to investigate any violation of this Policy or misuse of the Services or Mautic Site. All accounts, including the emails and landing pages therein, may be subject to review at any time by a Mautic employee or representative.
Feedback Loops and Abuse Reporting
Mautic is registered with Internet Service Provider ("ISP") feedback loops and monitor abuse reports. These feedback loops notify Mautic when a customer or user's contact marks a message as "spam". Customers and users are subject to warnings, suspension or termination if Mautic receives a report containing a high number of spam reported against said customer or user's account.
An account's bounce rate is subject to be monitored by Mautic. An account's bounce rate should consistently remain under 8% as many ISPs will begin blocking IPs for higher bounce rates. Accounts with high bounce rates are subject to warnings, suspension or termination. To avoid such consequences, ensure your list of contacts are reviewed and maintained regularly.
Plugins and Integrations
Customers and users utilizing Mautic's available integrations and plugins must adhere to Mautic's policies, as well as those of the 3rd party system being integrated. If a Mautic User is found to be violating Mautic's or an integrated 3rd party system's policy, their Mautic Cloud Free accounts will be subject to suspension or deletion.
Notification of Violations
If a customer or user becomes aware of any violation of this Policy, they will immediately notify Mautic with assistance, as requested, to stop or remedy the violation by contacting us via:
10 Cabot Rd Suite 101B
Medford, MA 02155
ATTN: General Counsel's Office
Last updated: September, 2018