This article describes how to set up the integration between VTiger and Mautic.
Step 1: Get VTiger client credentials
- First, log into your VTiger account and navigate to your User Preferences
- Next, you’ll need to grab your VTiger URL from the address bar (you’ll just need the root URL, as shown below), your VTiger User Name (located in the User Login & Role section in your My Preferences page) and Access Key (located at the bottom of the My Preferences page under User Advanced Options):
Step 2: Add VTiger credentials to Mautic
After you have the VTiger credentials, you’ll need to log into your Mautic Account and navigate over to the Plugins Page by clicking the Settings gear in the upper righthand corner, then clicking Plugins at the bottom of the list:
Once you’ve navigated over to the Plugins Page, click the VTiger logo to open the configuration modal and add the VTiger credentials you collected in Step 1, as well as your username:
Step 3: Features Configuration
Next, you’ll click over to the Features tab to configure how you’d like Mautic and VTiger to interact (see descriptions below the image):
- In order for Mautic and VTiger to sync at all, you’ll need to make sure you’ve checked the box next to Sync objects between Mautic and this integration.
- Select the objects you’d like to sync with Mautic – Lead, Contact and/or Company.
- If you’d like, configure the plugin to automatically update the Contact Owner based on the data in VTiger.
- If you’ll be updating the Do Not Contact status of your Contacts/Leads in both platforms, you’ll want to check the box next to Use latest updated Do Not Contact record, to make sure this status stays up to date.
- Set the default Owner for Contacts
- Choose how you’d like Mautic Contacts to push to VTiger as – either a Contact or a Lead
Step 4: Contact, Lead and Company Field Mapping
After you’ve configured these two items, you’ll want to make sure the Plugin is enabled and authorized before you can map any Contact, Lead or Company Fields. All the fields are defaulted to sync both ways – however, this can be changed as you can see in the image below:
You’ll also notice below that if you click into the Filter integration fields… text field, and start to type, Mautic will filter through all the fields to help you quickly find the fields you’d like to map. The fields above the drop downs are the VTiger fields, and the fields inside the drop down are the Mautic fields you’ll be mapping to.
Repeat this process for Contacts and Companies for all the fields you’d like to map, hit Save & Close and you’re all set! Contacts should begin syncing between the two platforms.
If you have any additional questions, please reach out to your Customer Success Manager.