Privacy and Security
Mautic has created this Privacy and Security Policy to apply to all our cloud-based services (the “Services”) that are marketed here on Mautic.com. The goal of this policy is to demonstrate our commitment to the privacy and data security of:
- Our site visitors
- Our free and paying customers
- The contacts of our customers
Collection of Information by Mautic
Information that site visitors may choose to provide to Mautic via our website
On this website, we collect information that you provide to us directly. For example, we collect information when you create an account, participate in any interactive features of the Services, fill out a form, pay for subscriptions, apply for a job, communicate with us via third party social media sites, request customer support or otherwise communicate with us. Such Personally Identifiable Information (“PII”) may include your name, email address, company name, phone number and any other requested information which you choose to provide. We do not collect any financial or health-related information about our site visitors.
Information Mautic collects automatically through customers’ use of our Services
Our Website includes social media features, such as the “share this” button or interactive mini-programs that run on our site. These features may collect your IP address, which page you are visiting on our site, and may set a cookie to enable the feature to function properly. These features are either hosted by a third party or hosted directly on our Website. Your interactions with these features are governed by the privacy policies of the company providing them. We may also obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect through our Services.
Information Mautic collects on behalf of our customers about their contacts
As part of the configuration and setup of our Services customers can choose whether they want to use Mautic to collect & track information about their contacts. The type and amount of information collected about their contacts is determined by the customer. If the customer chooses to use Mautic to collect & track information about their contacts, Mautic will employ technologies such as: cookies, beacons, tags and scripts.
Mautic does not rent or sell information collected about our customers or their contacts. Information that Mautic collects will be shared only with its employees and best-of-breed infrastructure vendors who are absolutely necessary to deliver our Services. PII about our customers or their contacts cannot be seen or accessed by other Mautic customers, prospects or open source community members.
Use of Information by Mautic
Mautic may use your PII for various purposes, including the following:
- Provide customer service, including technical notices, updates, security alerts and support as well as responding to your inquiries, including sending requested materials;
- Link or combine with information we get from others to help understand your needs in order to provide, maintain and improve our Services;
- Provide and deliver the products and services you request, process transactions and send you related information, including confirmations and invoices,
- Communicate with you about products, services, offers, promotions, and events offered by Mautic, and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our Services;
- Provide business information for Mautic, including for data analysis, audits, developing new products, etc.;
- Detect, investigate and prevent fraud and other illegal activities and protect the rights and property of Mautic and others;
- Personalize and improve the Services and provide marketing communications, content or features that are relevant to specific profiles; and
- Carry out any other purpose indicated to you at the time the information was collected
Sharing of Information by Mautic
Questions, concerns and contact information
Your privacy is important to us and Mautic has implemented industry-standard technical and administrative measures to protect your personal information. If you have any questions, concerns or complaints regarding the way we collect and handle your information, including if you have reason to believe that your personal information has been compromised, please contact us by email at email@example.com or by regular mail at 10 Cabot Road, Medford MA 02155 ATTN: Privacy Team. Because email communications are not always secure, please do not include sensitive information in your emails to us (i.e. credit card information). Mautic will take all privacy complaints seriously and will use all commercially reasonable efforts to resolve such concerns in a timely and efficient manner. For this purpose, we request that you provide reasonable cooperation, including providing us with any relevant information that we may need.
Mautic employs procedural and technological measures that are designed to help protect your personally identifiable information including sensitive data from loss, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction. Mautic may use encryption, secure socket layer, firewall, password protection and other physical security measures to help prevent unauthorized access to your personally identifiable information including sensitive data. Mautic may also place internal restrictions on who in the company may access data to help prevent unauthorized access to your personally identifiable information. These precautions take into account the risks involved in the processing, the nature of personally identifiable information, and best practices in the industry for security and data protection.
We have partnered with a best-of-breed hosting provider to deliver a highly scalable cloud- computing platform with high availability and dependability, without compromising the flexibility that we require to deliver solutions to our customers.
Effective date: 28 March 2017